What’s Next for Healthcare in Washington?
Hospitals and health systems across the United States are at work everyday ensuring every person has access to high-quality, affordable care. Changes to health care policy at the federal level make it difficult to navigate the future of health care in New York State. IHA communicates frequently with New York’s Congressional delegation, working closely with the American Hospital Association (AHA), to advocate positions on federal issues that are favorable to our members and the people of our state. Our current legislative priorities include:
- Delaying Medicaid Disproportionate Share Hospital (DSH) Reductions
- Protecting the 340B Drug Discount Program
- Extending the Medicare Dependent Hospital Program (MDH) and Medicaid Low Volume Hospital (LV) Payments
- Fully Funding the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- Ensuring Cost Sharing Reduction (CSR) Payments and Market Stabilization
To learn more about IHA’s federal advocacy efforts, please click on the button below.
November 30, 2017 update
November 28, 2017 update
November 1, 2017 update
October 24, 2017 update
January 26, 2018 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.