What’s Next for Healthcare in Washington?
Hospitals and health systems across the United States are at work everyday ensuring every person has access to high-quality, affordable care. Changes to health care policy at the federal level make it difficult to navigate the future of health care in New York State. IHA communicates frequently with New York’s Congressional delegation, working closely with the American Hospital Association (AHA), to advocate positions on federal issues that are favorable to our members and the people of our state. Our current legislative priorities include:
- Delaying Medicaid Disproportionate Share Hospital (DSH) Reductions
- Protecting the 340B Drug Discount Program
- Extending the Medicare Dependent Hospital Program (MDH) and Medicaid Low Volume Hospital (LV) Payments
- Fully Funding the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- Ensuring Cost Sharing Reduction (CSR) Payments and Market Stabilization
To learn more about IHA’s federal advocacy efforts, please click on the button below.
Statement from IHA President, Gary J. Fitzgerald, on Governor Cuomo’s 2018-19 Executive Budget Proposal
January 16, 2018 update
Cayuga Medical Center Selects ezDI for Coding Assignments, Clinical Documentation Integrity & Coding Compliance
January 10, 2018 update
January 3, 2018 update
December 15, 2017 update