The New York State Department of Health (NYS DOH) issued guidelines regarding expanded hospital visitation, announced by Governor Cuomo yesterday. Under the new guidance:
- Expanded visitation at all hospitals will be permitted beginning June 19th.
- Hospitals may decide when to initiate expanded visitation based on volume of COVID patients, staffing to screen visitors, PPE, etc.
- Hospitals must notify DOH at least 48 hours prior to the start of expanded visitation and must include a plan to communicate parameters of the new policy to patients. Notifications should be emailed to email@example.com.
- Hospitals are still required to comply with the policies on allowing support persons for pediatrics, childbirth and patients with an intellectual, developmental, or other cognitive disability as listed in the DOH Revised Visitation Guidance issued on May 20.
- Substantive changes from earlier pilot program are indicated in this Word document.
If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact us.