Interested in saving an average of 15% on travel staff? Join Upstate Works!
Upstate Works is an exclusive, members-only contingent staffing program giving member hospitals the ability to decrease their reliance on high-cost traditional staffing agencies. Thereby cutting costs and providing the opportunity for greater staffing agency cost management.
There is no cost to join
IHA encourages all its members to participate in this unique initiative.
IHA members have already saved over $1.5 Million using the program!
Managed in partnership with HWL, a third-party technology and management services provider, Upstate Works provides IHA members with all the benefits of having their own temporary staffing program without the need to build up the necessary internal supports required for such an operation.
Through this program, HWL offers W2 employment to contingent staff through a third-party Employer of Record (EOR) at a standard markup, which is 10-20% lower than traditional agency bill rates.
Upstate Works went live less than four months ago in October of 2022. Since then, participating members have saved over $1.5 million in total and an average of over $10,000 per position*.
*Based on the average length of a travel contract, 13 weeks.
Now Available! Technical Assistance with the Rural Health Redesign Center
IHA is always seeking additional resources to support the ongoing improvement and sustainability of our member hospitals. As a result, we are excited to share information on the Rural Health Redesign Center (RHRCO) and their associated Northern Border Region Technical Assistance Center (NBR-TAC).
RHRCO is a collaboration of five organizations with unique expertise formed to provide a comprehensive catalog of technical assistance services throughout the rural Northern Border Region, inclusive of the states of Maine, New Hampshire, New York, and Vermont. The Northern Border Region Technical Assistance Center (NBR-TAC) is comprised of partner organizations with vast experience in rural health.
NBR-TAC works in coordination with their consortium partners to help rural healthcare providers and their communities explore and implement strategies that drive improvements in the following priority areas:
- Access to care
- Workforce recruitment and retention
- Transitions to value-based care efforts
If you are interested in exploring the services offered please visit their website, linked here, to complete an initial intake questionnaire indicating your level of resource/support. Or you can send an email inquiry to REHSupport@RHRCO.ORG.
See below for information on RHRCO’s upcoming 4-part webinar series on value-based care.
The Northern Border Region Technical Assistance Center (NBR-TAC) is pleased to present a four-part webinar series on the journey to Value-Based Care (VBC) for rural hospitals and primary care providers/facilities (FQHC’s/RHC’s) interested in learning more about operating in a value-based care environment.
This webinar series will feature four (4) one-hour sessions from experts in rural health care, supporting the transition from a fee-for-service environment to a value-based approach to healthcare for the entire community
Webinar Topics and Dates:
- Session 1: Tuesday, April 4, 2023 Value-Based Care Is Here–Let’s Learn About It!: This session will provide an in-depth overview of the required competencies necessary for achieving success in a value-based environment
- Session 2: Tuesday, May 2, 2023 Lessons from the Field – Global Budgets and the PA Rural Health Model: Lessons learned from a global budget demonstration program – PA Rural Health Model.
- Session 3: Tuesday, June 6, 2023 The Rural Experience with Accountable Care Organizations (ACO’s) – A discussion on the rural experience from a national expert and leaders of Accountable Care Organizations (ACO’s) in the Northern Border Region.
- Session 4: Tuesday, June 27, 2023 Preparing for a Value-based Future – Tools to Help Find Your Way: A checklist approach to “next steps” for delivering healthcare within a value-based framework
Click here for More Information and to Register
- This is a FREE Event, but registration is required.
- Each session is worth 1 Hour of Continuing Education. AdCare will send certificates at the end of all 4 sessions. Click HERE for more information on credits offered.
You will receive a confirmation email within 10 minutes of registering. If you do not receive this email, contact Lorana @ firstname.lastname@example.org