The Senior Accountant provides direct support to the CFO and is primarily responsible for general accounting functions, reconciling general ledger accounts, maintenance of fixed asset records, intercompany accounting, and monitoring various financial activities for the organization. You will prepare journal entries, monthly, quarterly and year-end closings, and bank and investment reconciliations. When it’s time for the monthly close, you’ll be responsible for various aspects of internal reporting. In addition, you will participate in compliance, interact with external auditors for annual audits, and review schedules for reporting processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs general accounting and other related duties in the accounting department.
• Performs various accounting/analytical projects assigned by CFO.
• Assist accounts payable for vendor invoices and ensure accounts are up to date.
• Invoice review to verify coding.
• Manage depreciation schedules and all related reconciliations.
• Produce complex journal entries and all balance sheet account reconciliations including but not limited to cash, prepaid expenses, payroll and intercompany allocations.
• Grant tracking and monitoring.
• Take part in the implementation and adherence to internal controls and accounting procedures.
• Assist in the preparation and analysis of financial budgets and forecasts.
• Conduct month end close and related journal entries with minimal supervision.
• Serve as backup for payroll processing, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by CFO.
Minimum Position Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in A