CLIFTON PARK, NY., Aug. 30, 2021 — The Iroquois Healthcare Association (IHA), a regional trade organization representing Upstate New York hospitals and health systems, has received a total of eleven national advertising awards for their work on a professional recruitment program to attract new candidates to job and training opportunities in New York’s long-term care industry.
During the 38th annual Healthcare Advertising Awards, Iroquois Healthcare Association took home a total of eight awards for their work on the Professional Recruitment Program – CaringGene®, NYS Long-Term Care, which involved multiple forms of marketing to spread the word. The Caring Gene® campaign challenges people to consider if they have the “Caring Gene®”—an instinctive desire to help others—and points them to hundreds of job openings across New York state as well as information on how to find training to start a career in the care industry. They received:
- Two Gold Awards – One for Professional Recruitment Program, and one for Total Digital Marketing Program.
- Two Silver Awards – One for Online Display Ad, and one for Total Advertising Campaign without TV.
- Two Bronze Awards – One for COVID Marketing Campaign, and one for Poster for Recruitment Campaign
- Two Merit Awards – One for Integrated Marketing Campaign, and one for Outdoor Recruitment Campaign
The Healthcare Advertising Awards, the oldest, largest and most widely respected healthcare advertising awards competition, acknowledges companies that are excelling in showcasing their healthcare initiatives. Over 4,400 submissions were received for the 38th Annual Healthcare Advertising Awards, making it the largest healthcare advertising awards competition and one of the ten largest of all advertising awards. Gold awards were given to 445 entries, silver awards to 322 entries and bronze awards to 245 entries.
Additionally, Iroquois Healthcare Association took home a total of nine Association of National Advertisers (ANA) B2 awards for the Caring Gene® “Caring is Your Calling” Campaign. They received:
- Four Gold Awards – One in Demand Generation: Small/Medium Business, one in Integrated Marketing Program: Small to Midsize Business, one in Recruitment Marketing, and one in Social Media
- Four Silver Awards – One in Digital Marketing Tools and Programs, one in Media Plan, one in Out-Of-Home Advertising, and one in ROI/Growth.
- One Bronze Award, for Omni-Channel Content Program
The campaign: Caring Gene®, Caring is Your Calling, was the most recognized work of the awards program. The multimedia Caring Gene® campaign launched in summer 2019 to attract new candidates to job and training opportunities in New York’s long-term care industry. It was already netting measurable results when the arrival of COVID-19 in 2020 brought new urgency to the effort. The quick pivot to a second phase, Caring Is Your Calling, in response to the pandemic, earned the campaign these nine B2 awards.
B2 category wins for Caring is Your Calling include gold for Demand Generation: Small/Medium Business, Integrated Marketing Program: Small to Midsize Business, Recruitment Marketing and Social Media; silver for Digital Marketing Tools and Programs, Media Plan, Out-Of-Home Advertising, and ROI/Growth; and bronze for Omni-Channel Content Program.
The ANA B2 awards recognize excell